WORLD RECORD RECORDING
14% Ice is one of the seven in-bounds low% categories that are currently humanly possible. A total of 14 items are picked up during the entire run and focuses on using the Ice Beam and Gravity Suit for level progression.
To finish this run, you need to know how to:
- Infinite bomb jump
- Continuous walljump and/or horizontal bomb jump over the moat
- Mochtroid clip
- Gravity jump (entering Lower Norfair and accessing the top vertical door which connects Maridia to Red Brinstar - can be used to exit Draygon's chamber post-defeat, but is slower than double bomb jumping out)
- Zebetite skip with Ice Beam only
- Morphing Ball
- Charge Beam (for bosses)
- Ice Beam (for Zebetite skip, Mochtroid clip, and enemy climbing)
- Varia Suit (to survive MB2's rainbow beam)
- Gravity Suit (to traverse Maridia and enter Lower Norfair)
- 3 Energy Tanks (to survive MB2's rainbow beam)
- 2 Missile Packs (Awakening and Moat) (to open red doors and defeat MB1)
- 2 Super Missile Packs (Early and Wrecked Ship (Left)) (to open green doors and defeat MB1)
- 1 Power Bomb Pack (Red Brinstar Elevator (Lower)) (to open orange doors)
Zoast - The beginning of the tutorial can also be applied to PRKD any% and 14% Speed, but the tutorial does not explain certain techniques such as the in-room moat CWJ setup, Phantoon doppler, Ice Shield on Ridley/Draygon, and elevator pause as it was created before these techniques were developed.
Overfiendvip - Uses his and zoast's runs to explain strategic changes that have been made to the category since 2014.